Specialists in dealing with accounting and taxation matters
John Goulding & Co are a general accountancy practice providing a variety of services to a wide range of clients. We are also specialists in dealing with accounting and taxation matters for the healthcare professionals. Hence our client base includes a large number of medical practices throughout the North West area.
We have been members of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants (AISMA) since 1996. One advantage of our membership allows us to share our knowledge, and also learn from other members within our niche field.
As a result of knowledge and experience gained from our other clients, we find this invaluable in advising medical practitioners, where general practices are now more and more like other “owner managed” business in many respects.
Our services include the following
- Accountancy – Efficient and effective preparation of annual accounts, including a detailed report about the results. We also provide relevant statistics bench marking practices against their peers.
- Budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with new GMS/ PMS contract budgets and negotiations.
- Book-keeping – providing advice, training, licences including:
- IRIS GP Accounts
- QuickBooks Online;
- and other cloud accounting software.
- Cost or notional rent schemes – Also LIFT and private developer schemes.
- Doctor Newsline – A regular Newsletter that we produce in conjunction with AISMA and forward to clients on a regular basis.
- Providing advice and reports to assist with partnership changes or property ownership.
- Payroll processing – Using IRIS GP Payroll, SAGE or other payroll software.
- Support with practice capital and refinancing
- Superannuation and pension planning so we can be at the forefront of any Annual Allowance/ Lifetime Allowance issues that may arise.
- Taxation compliance & planning– Preparation of partners expenses and capital allowances claims, partnership and partners self assessment Tax Returns. In addition we also provide advice and planning in respect of Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax and other taxes as required.